The Xbox LIVE Arcade top down shooter Battlestar Galactica will be available this Wednesday, Microsoft announced today. It will be available worldwide (except Korea) at 9:00 a.m. GMT. and will cost you 800 Microsoft Points.
Never heard of this game yet ? Check out the screenshots in our Battlestar Galactica gallery and hit the jump for a little overview of the game plus a list of features that were announced back in July.
“Battlestar Galactica” involves intense space battles as players choose to side with either the Humans or Cylon forces. Piloting iconic ships from the Viper II to the Heavy Raider, players lead a squadron through fast-action multiplayer space combat or can play through the intense single-player campaign based on memorable episodes from the TV series, including the riveting first episode of the continuing series, “33,” and the 2007 Emmy Award-winning episode, “Exodus.”
- Single-Player Campaign – Pilot various ships and complete memorable missions from the TV series.
- Multiplayer Game Mode – Play online with 8 players in this relentless space-based action shooter in Firefight, Skirmish and Domination modes.
- Legendary Spaceships – Fly 4 Human and 4 Cylon ships from the Viper II to the Cylon Raider, each with unique weapon capabilities.
- Special Weapons – Coordinate attacks with a gallery of destructive weapons including the missiles, guns and more.
- Realistic Effects – Full 3D graphics to show off the detailed ships and cosmic environment.
- Defensive Maneuvers – Avoid annihilation with the barrel roll, quick turnabouts and other aerial moves.