Harmonix announced today that the long-awaited Rock Band is in final production and will hit retail on November 20th in the US. European music lovers unfortunately have no choice but to wait until the first quarter of 2008.
The game will be released with a Special Edition Bundle that will include a microphone, a guitar and a trum kit. Below are the bundle details for each system plus info about the standalone version.
- The Xbox 360 version of the Rock Band Special Edition Bundle will feature a wired drum kit, microphone and Fender Stratocaster guitar controller as well as a USB hub for easy plug-in access for all instruments. – $169.99
- The PLAYSTATION 3 system version of the Rock Band Special Edition Bundle will feature a wired drum kit an d microphone, as well as a wireless Fender Stratocaster guitar controller, which will be interoperable between the PlayStation 2 system and PLAYSTATION 3 system. – $169.99
- The Rock Band Special Edition Bundle for the PlayStation 2 system will feature a wired drum kit, wired microphone, wireless Fender Stratocaster guitar controller and a USB hub. – $159.99
- Suggested retail pricing for standalone Rock Band software for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system versions will be $59.99.
- Standalone instrument peripherals for Rock Band, including a wireless guitar option for the Xbox 360, will be available at a later date to be announced.
- The standalone Rock Band software will support a variety of 3rd-party instrument peripherals as well as enable owners to share peripherals with those who o wn the Special Edition bundle.
Alex Rigopolous, CEO of Harmonix: “Rock Band is a true symbol of Harmonix’s vision, dedication and passion for music and after two years of development, we are thrilled that Rock Band is finally ready to get in the hands of rock fans everywhere. We have a small army filling our warehouses with final product, ready for our November 20th ship date so players can fulfill their rock and roll aspirations. Now, our focus is putting together an amazing selection of downloadable music content for players so players can continue to further customize their Rock Band experience post launch.”
[ See also: Rock Band gallery ]