The free BioShock update that was announced last week is now available for both PC and Xbox 360. The new content includes new Plasmids and Tonics, new achievements for the 360 version, interface upgrades and also a widescreen option, granting a wider horizontal field of vision.
PC gamers can get the 27MB patch, which also includes the new in-game content, from 2K Games’ support page. And Xbox 360 gamers will get the update automatically the next time they start the game.
Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K: “As one of the highest rated games of the year, we wanted to continue to connect with the fans that made BioShock such an overwhelming retail and critically-acclaimed hit. We are excited to offer new downloadable content that will extend and enhance the replay value of this title.”
Here’s what you’ll get. Four Plasmids and Gene Tonics:
- Sonic Boom: Hurls creatures and objects back with a blast of force
- EVE saver: Enables Plasmids to use less EVE
- Vending Expert: Reduces prices in the vending machines
- Machine Buster: Increases the amount of damage players deal to cameras, bots and turrets
Achievements (exclusive to Xbox 360):
- Xbox 360 players can gain 100 points for “Brass Balls,” by beating BioShock on the “hard” difficulty setting without dying