Capcom has started releasing information about the long-awaited Street Fighter IV. What we know for sure is this: four classic characters will return: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and Dhalsim. The characters and environments are rendered in stylized 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with ‘additional 3D camera flourishes’. The game will use the traditional six button controls and naturally a bunch of new special moves and features will be available.
1UP has also managed to get their hands on the very first screenshot from the game, head on over there to check it out.
Here’s the features list from a press release sent out today:
- 2D/3D fighting environments
- Classic Street Fighter characters re-imagined for a new generation of gamers
- New special moves that go beyond any Street Fighter fan’s wildest imagination
- Amazing locations never seen before in a Street Fighter game
- New gameplay elements provide new challenges for both newcomers and the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.
And some hype for flavor: Everything that made the legendary Street Fighter II a hit in arcades, living rooms and dormitories all over the world has been brought to bear here, with even more surprises. With the inclusion of Capcom’s latest advancements in new generation technology, Street Fighter IV promises to deliver an extraordinary experience that will re-introduce the world to the time-honoured art of virtual martial arts.