If you’ve played Virtua Fighter 5 on your 360 recently then you already know about the patch that SEGA released a few days ago. The patch has both online and offline improvements, including several bug fixes, the option to save online replays etc.
PS3 owning fighting fans are not getting the same treatment however. Jay Boor from SEGA said that the company has no plans to release a patch for the PS3 at this time. And my guess is if they’re not doing it now, they won’t be doing it at all.
Here’s the full list of improvements 360 gamers were treated to:
- Some characters will now be able to select costume-specific pants in alternate costumes, for example equipping Costume A pants in Costume B.
- Replays of online battles can now be saved.
- One additional item per character (appear as “Downloaded item” in Costume settings/Item edit dialog).
- Gamer pictures will now be shown in online battles.
- After winning the World Tournament Final, it’s now more likely that rivals you have not defeated will be playing in arcades.
- When someone joins an online match, you can now see their connection quality.
- Various fixes for minor bugs, including a texture bug.
- Easier sorting of rankings.
- Rematches in Online VS. Player Matches now possible even when the players haven’t added their opponent to their friend list
[See also: Virtua Fighter 5 gallery]