Nintendo has never had a great relationship with third party developers. It’s like when you have that girlfriend who you’re kinda into but you have no clue if its going to work out? It’s like that. The games on Wii at the moment aren’t horrible games by any means, they’re just mediocre. It’s hard to settle for second best when there is so much else on the table. The average Wii game rating is about 64%, thats 9% below the PS3 which is sitting on 73% and the 360 is at 70%. Wii has some great games in its library, but most of them have been either developed or published by Nintendo.
2007 was a great year for the Wii, they are selling the most consoles than its competitors. They released epic games like Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda Twlight Princess, but again those are games from Nintendo not third party developers. 2008 seems like its going to be a better year. The ball is finally rolling, and looking good.
AnotherCastle.com has made a list of 10 games that you might want to take a look at. These games seem to have massive potential, and they’re all coming from third party developers.
- House of the Dead 2 and 3 (releasing 3/11/08)
- Worms: A space Oddity (releasing 3/17/08)
- Sega Superstars Tennis (releasing 3/18/08)
- Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars (Q3 2008)
- Baroque (releasing 4/8/08)
- Okami (releasing 4/15/08)
- Monster Lab (releasing 5/1/08)
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (releasing 5/12/08)
- Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility (releasing 5/15/08)
- Alone in the dark (releasing 6/3/08)
Wii has a very diverse lineup coming out in 2008, bringing games that should appeal to all types of gamers. Hopefully with these games (and many others not listed) will raise the bar on the Wii library.
Head on over to AnotherCastle to check out the list with full descriptions of each.