In keeping up with the “leakage” trend, Capcom has been feeding gamers tidbits of information on a sequel to Lost Planet: Extreme Condition via Japanese gaming mags.
But now it’s finally been made official, Lost Planet: Colonies will arrive on Xbox 360 and PC in Japan on May 29th. The game will boast more weapons, enemies, and a new playable character. The online experience will be enhanced allowing the choice between bugs or humans in matches, and there will also be cross platform gaming between the PC’s and 360’s. No actual screenshots yet (the above is from Extreme Condition) but surely they’ll arrive soon enough.
No word on when this will hit other regions, but it’d be a sure bet to say that it will be available worldwide at some point.
Update / Turns out this isn’t a sequel but just a re-release of the original with some new stuff and a new name. It will be released in the US as well, with a $29.99 price tag. Full fact sheet after the break.
Lost PlanetTM: Extreme Condition COLONIES EDITION Fact Sheet
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition provides explosive action for both online and offline players. Gamers who missed the original Lost Planet will have the opportunity to experience the epic gameplay that made the original a global hit with the added bonus of fresh new content and cross platform multi-play all at a great value price. Fans of the Lost Planet’s online action will be thrilled at the inclusion of new online modes, maps, weapons and models.
New modes for single player campaign
- Score Attack – Each enemy and destructible object has points assigned to them, with the player being awarded different points depending on how they defeat the enemy.
- Trial Battle Mode – Take on each of the game’s Bosses, one after another
- Off Limit Mode – Go wild with over-the-top, super-charged weapons with unlimited ammunition and increased speed of movement
New online modes
- Akrid Hunter – Get the chance to finally play as an Akrid as your opponents attempt to take you down
- VS Annihilator – Each team attempts to destroy its opponent’s VS while defending its own
- CounterGrab – The team with the longest data post activation time wins
- Point Snatcher – Take down opponents and collect the most thermal energy points
- Akrid Egg Battle – Steal Akrid eggs from the opponent’s team and bring them safely back to your own base
- Egg Bandit – steal your opponents’ Akrid egg, with points awarded for longer capture times
Four new multiplayer maps
- Crossfire City – the wide streets provide an excellent opportunity for VS battles, while buildings provide great cover for sharp-eyed snipers
- Area 921– Two industrial compounds located in a vast desert and linked by an underground pipe
- Lost Arena – The central arena is ideal for VS pilots to act as futuristic gladiators, while those on foot can use the surrounding grandstands as their battleground
- Assault Space – Set onboard a space ship and its supply vessel, zero gravity is sure to make for some interesting encounters
New playable characters
- Two female and two robot characters are added to the roster of choices for online personas to choose from, bringing the total to 11
- 5 new playable character models
New weapons (human)
- Hand Gun – weak in power, but very accurate and easy to use
- Revolver – The expert’s one-shot kill weapon of choice at close quarters
- Flame Launcher – Uses thermal energy to lay down a wall of fire
- Hand Cannon – A handgun-like rocket launcher that is very effective against VS suits
New weapons (VS)
- Pile Bunker – A long spike fires out at immense speed
- VS Rifle – VS-dedicated rifle which has the longest range and loses no power regardless of the distance
- Rocket Pod – Shoot off a salvo of rockets to cause immense damage to a specific area
- Laser Lance – Attack with a sweeping arc of devastation
- Snowstorms, arctic winds, towering mountains of ice are all stunningly realized, creating a truly immersive and cinematic event of epic proportions.
- Switch to first person view or the over-the-shoulder view from Resident Evil™ 4 for even more intense action
Cross Platform Play
- XBOX 360 and PC users can now compete on the same battlefield
NOTE: Lost Planet COLONIES EDITION and the original Lost Planet: Extreme Condition are not compatible. Single-player saves and online rankings cannot be carried over and multiplayer games will be separate.