Here’s some more forum activity ammunition – the February NPD numbers have been released.
DS remains at the tippy-top of the list and the PS2 makes an astounding comeback and moves a crazy amount of units. But what about the 360 you ask? It’s holding down the rear. I guess Microsoft’s pre-empt about continuing supply issues may hold some merit? Could be, or that people just aren’t buying as many 360’s as the other systems? Who knows, we’ll see next month.
But I’m sure Microsoft isn’t crying much considering that 5 of the top 10 selling games for the month are all on the 360. After looking at these numbers, one can only imagine what the numbers for next month are going to look like with titles likc Super Smash Bros. Brawl, God Of War: Chains Of Olympus, and Patapon on there.
If the reports from Vgcharts.com hold any merit (don’t hate those guys, they do A LOT of homework to get those numbers), then Brawl will have moved 1.25 million copies on its first day alone. But that’s a different story for another day. For now, February numbers after the break.
HARDWARE TOP 10
- Nintendo DS – 587,600
- Wii – 432,000
- PlayStation 2 – 351,800
- PlayStation 3 – 280,800
- Xbox 360 – 254,600
- PSP – 243,000
SOFTWARE TOP 10
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360) – 296,200
- Devil May Cry 4 (Xbox 360) – 295,200
- Wii Play (Wii) – 289,700
- Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) – 233,500
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Wii) – 222,900
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games – 205,600
- Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360) – 203,600
- Turok (Xbox 360) – 197,700
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PS2) – 183,800
- Rock Band (Xbox 360) – 161,800