Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway is one of those games that will produce a mass *sigh* if it doesn’t live up to the expectations its long development cycle has created. The game was originally set for a Holiday 2006 release but has been delayed ever so slightly. But, Gearbox is ready to start showing the game off and if this one sticks, the game will be released in August this year.
In Hell’s Highway you’ll be taking part in an Unreal Engine 3-powered Operation Market Garden, the largest paratrooper operation in the Second World War, as a member of the 101st Airborne Division. Your goal: fight through Hell’s Highway and end the war ASAP. Along the way you’ll get to know the men under your command, each of whom have their own distinct personalities, carry out orders received from HQ and of course kill lots of Nazis who try to stop the inevitable.
After checking the out the new trailer above and the newly released fact sheet after the break, be sure to head to the gallery and lay your eyes on the freshest screenshots as well.
- Brothers in Arms Hell’s Highway – next generation: The classic authentic, squad-based combat series explodes on next-generation hardware, offering unprecedented graphics and features.
- New story, new setting. Join Matt Baker, Joe Hartsock and the rest of the 101st Airborne Division in Operation Market Garden as they fight to open the infamous Hell’s Highway in a daring bid for a quick end to the war.
- Live the life of an enlisted man: Get orders from HQ, go on patrol, spot the enemy and set up a devastating ambush. For the first time, finding the enemy before they find you is part of the challenge.
- Unprecedented character design: Lifelike characters look, talk, move and think with incredible realism. Game characters interact with the player and each other like true brothers in arms, trading ammunition, helping wounded allies and civilians, working together to man team-operated weapons, and more.
- Rich cinematic experience: As the squad leader, you interact with and get to know your brothers. Each character has his own distinct personality, unique story and background, and grows throughout the game.
- Powerful new units under your command: Players can use or command combined arms teams – machine gun crews create intense fire, bazooka crews destroy buildings and tanks, and mortar crews pound the enemy from a distance.
- Play your own way: Players can choose to use their squad to execute a tactically elegant flanking maneuver or charge in with guns blazing.
- Destructible cover: Keep your men moving and choose your cover wisely – modeled using real physical properties and behaviors, weapons will damage, dent, scorch and destroy the world around you.
- Completely new multiplayer experience: Fight major multiplayer battles with dozens of players on each side, combining all the intensity and accessibility of Deathmatch with the squad-based gameplay that helped make Brothers In Arms famous.
[See also: Brothers in Arms Hell’s Highway gallery]