Nintendo’s exergame is proving its longevity in UK chart once again this week, climbing to the top of the charts and beating its chest like the commercial Kong it is. Will this stop the nay-sayers calling Wii Fit & Co. nothing but a fad? Probably not, but that doesn’t change that fact that half of the entire chart is made up of Nintendo-exclusive titles, six of which are published by the company itself and many of which are several months old. Go figure.
The race for second place was won this week by Soul Calibur IV, down from first last week. Namco will be hoping that the game’s inability to maintain pole position is just a symptom of Wii Fit‘s monsterous popularity and that Soul Calibur IV can look forward to many more weeks around the top of the chart.
Other notable placeholders in today’s chart include Wall-E, which despite not making such a great impact on launch is holding on in 8th. Also, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock has boosted itself up to 6th from a modest 11th last week and Beijing 2008, despite the millions (if not billions) watching the games, has only managed to muster 13th.
- WII FIT NINTENDO – 2 last week
- SOULCALIBUR IV NAMCO BANDAI GAMES – 1
- MARIO KART WII NINTENDO – 3
- BIG BEACH SPORTS PLAY THQ – 5
- WII PLAY NINTENDO – 7
- GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK REDOCTANE – 11
- GUITAR HERO: ON TOUR REDOCTANE – 6
- MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES SEGA – 8
- WALL-E PLAY THQ – 4
- DR KAWASHIMA’S BRAIN TRAINING NINTENDO – 9
- LEGO INDIANA JONES: ORIGINAL ADVENTURES LUCASARTS – 10
- KUNG FU PANDA ACTIVISION – 12
- BEIJING 2008 SEGA – 20
- CARNIVAL: FUNFAIR GAMES 2KPLAY – 14
- SPORTS PARTY PLAY ZONE -17
- MORE BRAIN TRAINING FROM DR KAWASHIMA NINTENDO – 18
- SUPER SMASH BROS: BRAWL NINTENDO – 13
- CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE ACTIVISION – 15
- BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY EA GAMES – 16
- FIFA 08 EA SPORTS – 19