Even though CD Projekt’s The Witcher is a very good game, possibly the best PC RPG of 2007, it suffered from some problems that might have chased some potential players away. The two main issues were some terrible loading times and a not so good English dialogue that come from poor translation from the original Polish version. Earlier info on the Enhanced Edition has already stated that these problems would be fixed, but we have now received some more information on what to expect.
“We always have the fans’ best interests at heart so we have listened closely to their comments. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition has given us the opportunity to put their feedback into action as well as offering something totally new with exclusive content,” said Adam Kicinski, CEO of CD Projekt RED.
Most appealing could be that we’ll get to play some new fresh quests. Those who’ve already played The Witcher are familiar with Geralt’s (the game’s protagonist) close friend Dandelion, a handsome and charming musician and poet that follows Geralt around. The new adventure “Side Effects” will feature three new quests about Dandelion’s troubles in Vizima City. Another adventure called “The Price of Neutrality” containing five new quests will also be a part of the Enhanced Edition.
One thing that unfortunately doesn’t seem to have been modified is the combat system. Before its release, The Witcher was said to have an advanced combat system that should take away that boring “frantically-click-your-mouse” fighting often found in role-playing games. It did have three fighting modes to chose from, and the actual sword fighting required some timing, but in the end it really didn’t matter – the enemies were slain without very much effort no matter how you did it.
Apart from that, the new Enhanced Edition looks mighty good and whether you’ve already played the game or not, you should try this out. Geralt of Rivia is a badass and gets to sleep with a variety of women and perhaps that’s enough reason for some to buy this game this September.
- Multilanguage The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, a reworking of the best PC RPG game of 2007;
- DVD bonus disc including the D’jinni Adventure Editor and two brand new adventures created by CD Projekt Red:
– the D’jinni Adventure Editor: allows players to create or modify their own adventures in the world of The Witcher;
– “The Price of Neutrality”: the adventure tells the story of Geralt coming back to Kaer Morhen and finding a mysterious camp near the stronghold (featuring 3 new quests);
– “Side Effects”: the first ever release of this new adventure which focuses on Geralt’s close friend, Dandelion, and his troubles in Vizima City (featuring 5 new quests);
- Remastered “Making Of” documentary with never-before-seen bonus material;
- Soundtrack CD of original music written specifically for The Witcher;
- CD of original music inspired by The Witcher;
- Instruction manual and game guide;
- Short story by Andrej Sapkowski featuring new art from the Monsterbook;
- A map for exploration throughout The Witcher ’s world.