The greatest game developer on the face of the Earth (hyperbole rocks!), Criterion Games, has come speeding out of the tunnel, evading cops and dodging ice cream trucks to let us know they’re hoping to unleash the Burnout Paradise bike pack DLC this coming Thursday, September 18th for both Xbox 360 and PS3. Motorcycles in Burnout? Crazy time or awesome time? I put my money down on the latter. And in case you haven’t been salivating profusely over this update for the past few months, here’s what’s included:
- Pick from 2 motorcycles featuring male or female characters and start on a whole new progression to earn your Bike License.
- 38 new against-the-clock race events – Burning Ride and Midnight Ride.
- A brand new in-game 24 hr day / night cycle that impacts traffic density and available events. (It’s fully customizable – you can make it day/night/change the clock speed – it’s up to you.)
- Dynamic weather brings an all-new look to Paradise City
- And if that’s not enough, we’ve got 70 more Freeburn Challenges too
Did I mention all this is going to be free? Yes, free! I don’t know about you, but I am extremely excited for this pack to drop. Burnout Paradise is honestly one of my favorite games of this console generation and Criterion Games has shown nothing but love and support for it and its fans. Unfortunately for me, the day they hope to launch this, is the day I’m moving to Los Angeles. Thanks for rubbing it in my face, Criterion. Now I’ll have to lock myself in the bathroom and cry while everyone parties hard. Someone come get me when the cake comes out.