Lionhead Studios has revealed their much ballyhooed big news, which is the mid-December release of the first premium downloadable content for Fable 2. The Knothole Island pack will see your adventurer setting sail to a mysterious island encased in perpetual snow, braving the trials of three sacred shrines in search of the weather-controlling artifacts that can bring the dying island back to life.
Along with the Knothole Island pack, which will go for 800 MS points ($10), they’ll also be releasing a free pack allowing owners of the premium downloadable content to play through the winter wonderland cooperatively. Like the premium pack, the free pack will also include “a show of gifts”, but you won’t be able to partake in the new quests without downloading the Knothole Island content yourself, though you’d have to be pretty stingy not to be able to rationalize the purchase additional Albion-based adventures.
Especially when I tell you the best part – the Lionhead-promised prezzies include Knight’s Boots, Assassin’s Gloves, a collectible silver book and a Weight Loss Potion. That’s right, a Weight Loss Potion! Jenny Craig in a magical, glowing vial means no more munching on celery for this fat ass adventurer. Though now I wish I hadn’t repeatedly, brutally murdered Bowerstone’s pie vendor for taunting me with his delicious apple pie pockets…
Knothole Island Key Features:
- Embark on 3 unique quests set in 3 unique dungeons.
- Unravel the mystical secrets of the resurrection shrine.
- Try on a whole new range of outfits and look like an armoured knight, an assassin, a barbarian or a leather-clad biker, among many others.
- Brandish 6 new weapons.
- Dozens of unique potions that will drastically alter your appearance.
- Customise your weapons the way you want with the new augment tool and a whole new array of augments.
- +50 additional leaderboards.