Fable II is undoubtedly a great game, but it shipped with enough bugs to scare the Starship Troopers. A patch was originally promised for October. Two months on and there is still no official release date. However, some word on progress has arrived via the Lionhead developer’s blog. Apparently, “things are coming along nicely… The update is currently being tested and finalized, so for those (few) of you having trouble, we’re listening to you.” Annoying isn’t it? Tell you what, how about listening to your Quality Assurance guys before the game ships? This isn’t our job!
Anyway, those whose progress in Fable II has been hindered by glitches will be pleased to know that the patch promises to sort out a whole ton of problems. The most infamous of these is the Monk’s Quest glitch that halts proceedings if you leave the area before a certain point. Full list after the break.
- The Ritual/Monk’s Quest – Fixed the issue with the Abbott becoming unresponsive if you leave Oakfield before he finishes talking. This will fix the problem if you’ve already hit it, too.
- Rescuing Charlie/Rescue My Baby – after rescuing Charlie, you can now able to interact with objects
- Guild Cave chest – resolves any issues with previously inability to retrieve items unlocked from Limited Collector’s Edition, website or Chicken Kickin’ game. If you’ve already hit this bug you should now get your items.
- The Spire (Pt2) – no more issues with ship captain being unresponsive
- The Hero of Skill (Pirate King) – you’ll no longer get stuck during Hero of Skill quest (Bloodstone)
- T.O.B.Y./Trouble In Bloodstone – you’ll no longer get stuck during T.O.B.Y. quests (Bloodstone)
- Your child – will no longer be chosen as an assassination target
- Furniture Shop in Albion (Bowerstone) will now always have something for sale
- Additional unspecified fixes