Sometimes you just need to achieve more. Epic knows this and they want to help you become a bigger achiever, maybe even some sort of achieving whore. That’s why there will be new Achievements coming out for Gears of War 2. Well, not officially yet, but word has been let out that they’re coming. The achievements will most likely work with that multiplayer update we’ve all been told about that will fix every problem, ever. Players will be able to gain 175 new Achievement points via multiplayer games taking place on the new Flashback map pack and via the Combustible DLC.
The new Achievements (listed below) don’t seem to be that intense, but challenging enough. Probably the most interesting one is the one where you have to kill things and survive a level. Actually, that’s all of them. I guess that’s just the name of the game when you’re achieving things: Death and Destruction.
- Skeletons in your Closet (20G) – Complete waves 1 through 10 on all Flashback Map Pack maps in Horde (any difficulty)
- More Mystery, Less History (15G) – Win a multiplayer match on each of the 5 Flashback Map Pack maps (any mode except Wingman)
- Bound by a Shared Past (15G) – Win a Wingman match on each of the 5 Flashback Map Pack maps
- Trial by, and on, Fire (20G) – Survive first 10 Horde waves on Combustible Map Pack maps as a team
- The Roof! The Roof! The Roof… (15G) – Win a multiplayer match on each of the 3 Combustible Map Pack maps (any mode except Wingman)
- Forged in the Fire (15G) – Win a Wingman match on each of the 3 Combustible Map Pack maps
- Annex: Now With Execution Rules (75G) – Win an Annex match on each Flashback and Combustible Map Pack map (public matches only)