GameInformer has the first scoop on the next Assassin’s Creed, the mag teases, and has also posted a few snippets of information for us to chew on. For one, it apparently wasn’t Altair who was taught how to swim as everyone’s favorite medieval assassin has been traded in for a fellow named Ezio, “a young noble whose family was lost through rival ruling families’ betrayals.” Second, the Holy Land is history — like the teaser trailer that Ubisoft released earlier this week suggested, Assassin’s Creed 2 takes place in a Renaissance-era Venice. And finally, the posted GI cover shot gives a rather nice view of Ezio’s fancy threads and the now dual-blades, which it looks like have cost the poor guy a finger on each of his arms. Ouch, hope they’re worth it. (Update: Or not. On closer inspection, looks like this guy isn’t hardened enough to cut his own finger off. What a pansy!)
One would hope the rest of the information wouldn’t be let loose until the mag hits the stands but no such luck. ScrewAttack apparently got their hands on the mag early and has posted plenty of information about the game. Information like Ezio (full name Ezio Auditore de Firenze) can glide on Da Vinci’s flying machine, there’s a lot of new weapons in the game, enemies can be disarmed and their weapons used against them, there’s a special move for every weapon, and perhaps most interestingly, there are 16 unique mission types and none of them include pick pocketing or eavesdropping. Yay!
Check out the full list of info as posted on ScrewAttack as well as the full GI cover below.
– You’ll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
– You CAN swim
– Da Vincis workshop is in the game
– Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
– The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
– So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
– You will see the countryside of Tuscany
– The “Auditore” family is mentioned
– The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
– He is a nobleman of Florence
– Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
– YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.
– Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
– You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
– Each weapon has a special move.
– 16 unique mission types.
– No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
– If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
– Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
– Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
– New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, “Brutish” armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you’re near by.
– While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
– You can still climb towers and ride horses
– The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
– There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
– 240 people are working on this title.