A substantial list of Mass Effect 2 details were leaked on neoGAF this morning, most pertaining to story and lore with a few bits of gameplay information included in the long list as well. The info comes to us courtesy of the July issue of the Official Xbox Magazine. That being said, don’t take any of this information too seriously until the real deal is published later this summer. Of course, by then E3 will have come and gone and we’ll be all the wiser. The full list is available over at neoGaf, so make sure to check out the original thread, but here’s a basic breakdown.
– You will play as Shepard, but for how long is unknown
– There is a new species called the Drell and Thane is a new character who is an assassin and may join your party
– There will be a Krogan planet, and Illium, an Asari planet, that is like Coruscant from SW. Also there is “Omega” with is like an anti-Citadel in that it’s huge and it’s the bottom of the barrel whereas the Citadel is the height of civilization. Also a Cerebus mothership will act as a location of significance.
– The ultimate story is still civilization fending off the Reapers, but this chapter will deal with this Cerebus corporation and its enigmatic leader. There are human civilizations disappearing and it’s up to Shepard to investigate, it’s termed as a “suicide mission” which may lead to the details of the teaser.
– New vehicle that controls better than the Mako…a “new” control scheme
– Totally revamped inventory system
– Elevator system revamped where you will get the sense of scope of where you’re at and where you’re traveling
– No more texture pop in.
– Secondary races like Volus and Elcor are much more mobile, giving more depth and makes things more interesting.
– Choices are more meaningful and there is a real risk that major support characters (i.e. anyone not Shepard) can and will die.
– Also on the story, they’re super-hyping the ending, saying that it’s much more grand meaningful in ME2.
– More weapons, more species, more/new team members.
– Returning team members, locations, weapons.