People like their fair share of zombie slaying and new maps are always fun too. The 1.6 patch for the PC version of Call of Duty: World at War has landed with fixes for both the general public and those who enjoy dipping into the mod-side of things as version 1.4 of the mod tools have been released as well.
The most notable item of the patch however is the presence of Map Pack 3, which proved in three days that World at War is still very much one of the games to play right now. Free with the patch, the map pack includes three new maps: Battery, Breach and Revolution. It also includes the elaborate “Der Reise,” which fans of the zombie mode should find fairly fun. Treyarch’s support across all platforms, especially the PC, has been impressive but it really makes you wonder how much of it was a result of skepticism, pessimism, and fear.
The patch notes:
- 3 new Multiplayer maps: Battery (mp_drum), Breach (mp_bgate), Revolution (mp_vodka)!
- New Nazi Zombie map: Der Riese (nazi_zombie_factory), an all-new Zombie map set in a secret Nazi research facility featuring the Pack A Punch Machine, Teleporters, and many more undead hordes!
- Exploits pertaining to Demo playback.
- Favorites list now ignores filter settings.
- Fixed S&D round counting error when roundlimit is reached.
- New feature: in-game Add to Favorites.
- Friends list: green online indicator.
- Starting the game in Safe Mode will no longer toggle the “Soften Smoke Edges” graphic option.
- Fixed various crashes.
- Mods: Client will no longer join a modded Co-op server via Game Invite unless they have that mod loaded.
- Mods: Client running a mod will be asked to unload the mod if they attempt to join an unmodded server.
- Mods: All singleplayer levels can now be run with a mod loaded.