Avalanche’s tropical open-world actioner Just Cause 2 will not support Windows XP, the studio has confirmed. Following the game’s WinXP-excluding system requirements appearing (below) on Steam, publisher Square Enix’s community manager Mike Oldma has confirmed the news.
“Yes that is true… there is no XP support for Just Cause 2. This is because the game has been written to take advantage of the extra performance offered by Direct X10 and sadly Windows XP does not support that application,” he explains.
- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista (Windows XP is unsupported)
- Processor: Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Athlon 64 X2 4200 / Pentium D 3GHz)
- Memory: 2GB System Memory
- Hard Drive: 10GB of free drive space
- Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 256 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce 8800 series/ ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro)
- Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible sound card
- DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 10
- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 or Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz or equivalen
- Memory: 3GB system Memory
- Hard Drive:
- Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 512 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 series/ ATI Radeon HD 5750 series)
- Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card
- DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 10.1