If you still have not yet played the truly excellent Batman: Arkham Asylum due to budget constraints, your patience is about to pay off, as long as you have a high-end PC. Xbox Live’s director of programming Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb recently blogged that the Physx enhanced PC version of the game will be available on the Games for Windows Live Games on Demand service at 75% off starting tomorrow through Monday. If you’re in the states, that rounds up to $12.50, and I can’t think of many better ways to spend $12.50 or its international equivalent than on the best version of one of last year’s best games.
Again, this goes only for the PC version of the game. If you want a refresher to see if your system can take the heat, read on to check out the system requirements.
• CPU: Intel single core 3 Ghz or AMD equivalent
• Memory: XP = 1 GB, Vista = 2GB
• GPU: Shader Model 3 NVidia 6600 or ATI 1300 or higher
• CPU: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Dual core)
• Memory: XP = 2GB, Vista = 3GB
• GPU: NVidia 7900 GT or higher
• Enhanced for multi-core