We’re only a little over halfway through a very crowded March, but that isn’t stopping EA from announcing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 as the top selling title for this month. After selling 2.3 million units so far, the game is on its way to topping the sales charts in North America and Europe. And just in case that figure isn’t impressive enough, EA has been courteous enough to bestow upon the public some staggering numbers. Here’s some of the statistics:
• 81B points have been earned in online multiplayer sessions
• 43M weapons and gadgets have been unlocked in online multiplayer
• Over 6M video views on YouTube
• 2.9M hours have been spent playing online in the last 24 hours alone
• 230K peak-concurrent-users (PCUs)
• Over 44k Twitter fans (most out of any EA title)
Essentially, Bad Company 2 is pretty popular. But has EA jumped the gun in announcing their FPS as king of the hill in March sales? A couple small titles from Nintendo, a fantasy JRPG, and a very irate Spartan are hoping to upset EA in the charts this month. We’ll see how it turns out in a couple of weeks.