NaturalMotion Games has announced that their football title, Backbreaker, will be getting an update currently codenamed “Greathouse”.
The new features include the following:
- New replay system with the seven new functional cameras, including free flight mode and a cinematic “ball-lock” option.
- 100+ new plays and nine new formations
- Improved Quarterback camera view and passing game.
- A user-catch system, giving the player a much greater of control over the on-field action.
- Interception control, the user is now given full control over interception attempts when controlling a defensive player.
- Comprehensive review of the penalty rulings following an analysis of reported errors.
What makes the new changes all the sweeter is that, according to head of game development Todd Gibbs, all said changes are due to intense community feedback.
“We are lucky to have such a passionate community who have supported us throughout the development of Backbreaker and continue to do so post-launch,” said Gibbs, “Greathouse will give them what they have asked for…I am extremely proud of what the team has managed to achieve in just a month.”
Expect the fruits of this loving relationship between the fans and developers to show early August.