Update: A little update on the game names. They’re not subtitled Future Soldier like the PC and big console brothers; the Wii game is simply Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon while the PSP goes by Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Predator.
Original story: In addition to landing on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Ubisoft’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is gearing up for releases on both the PSP and Wii as well, the publisher’s announced today.
Despite the not-quite-HD nature of the platforms, all the things that make Ghost Recon Ghost Recon are promised, “sophisticated technology, weaponry, graphics, and challenging gameplay” among them.
Both titles are expected to launch this November, ahead of the PC/PS3/360 versions which were all moved into 2011’s March quarter to avoid the competitive environment that is this year’s fourth quarter.
The official word on both games follows.
Deep in the jungles of Sri Lanka, the Ghosts have 72 hours to prepare the way for a U.S. invasion force. As open conflict with Pakistan looms, the Ghosts uncover proof that they’ve been targeting the wrong enemy. Now they must act before falsified intelligence lures America into an unpredictable and devastating war. Game features include:
– An exclusive tactical experience: Decide what tactics are best – use your massive firepower to eliminate powerful enemies or use the jungle to sneak behind enemies and strike using the element of surprise.
– Electronic warfare: Use high-tech equipment to hunt, such as drones, air support and prototype weapons. Gaining experience for your squad allows customization of your Ghosts, making them more powerful.
– Multiplayer co-op: Create a rifle team with two other friends (up to three players ad-hoc). Use flanking tactics with your teammate to outsmart the opposition.
After being inserted in Moscow and separated from the rest of their team, Ghost soldiers Hibbard and Booth must operate as a two-man team, relying on the intel of the local militia to fight their way to their target in a city infested with enemies. With the numbers clearly not in their favor, they will have to use their advanced weaponry and training to make sure the odds are. Game features include:
– A true Ghost Recon experience: Progress through 12 missions of high intensity combat, tactical infiltration and WOW moments, from the villages of Norway to the streets of Moscow. No matter your skill level, Ghost Recon on Wii is designed to specifically accommodate a wide range of players, from casual players to hardcore gamers.
– Built from the ground co-op experience: Two players in third-person on one screen make the experience more natural, more intuitive and more social than ever. Co-Op Hot Join: Friends can hop in and out of co-op at-will, with the AI taking over as needed.
– Arcade Mode: Play in cooperative mode and compare your score online on the world leader boards.