“Very soon” was the time frame we were given earlier this week, when word of a patch for the PC version on EA’s Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was released. It seems that very soon means today; the patch, weighing in at around 900 MB, takes into account collected feedback, a lot of community wishes, and issues addressed within the threads on the BFBC2 forums. Steam users will see the client automatically start the update process, while non-Steam users can update via the game’s online updater or through the offline updater published in the official blog post here.
A full list of fixes and tweaks follows below.
– All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.
– Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.
– Blue box chat window removed
– The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World..
– 3D vision fixed.
– Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.
– Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.
– Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
– Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.
– Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
– Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
– Reduced the reload time for vehicle countermeasures.
– Slightly increased the AT4’s damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
– Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
– Increased the AT4’s splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
– Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
– Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
– Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
– Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
– Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
– Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
– Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
– Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
– Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
– Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG’s.
– Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
– Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.