EA and DICE are putting out a new muliplayer update for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to prepare the game for the new content Map Pack 7 and the Vietnam expansion will bring.
The update also includes a number of gameplay changes like reduced weapon damage to the MCOM stations, added scopes to some weapons, etc (full list below).
PlayStation 3 gets the update today; players may notice server outages or lag as it’s being applied. PC and Xbox 360 versions should get updated “in the coming days”.
– Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
– Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
– Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
– Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
– Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
– Slightly increased the AT4’s damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
– Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
– Increased the AT4’s splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
– Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
– Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
– Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
– Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
– Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
– Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
– Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
– Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
– Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
– Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
– Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
– Slightly increased the damage of the UH6