Since it seems like Ubisoft is keen on making a new Assassin’s Creed game every year at this point, they’re doing a little research to make sure their series will have continued success. The latest method: a survey.
Discovered by forum members at NeoGAF, the survey poses 15 possible changes or additions to the game’s formula for the participant to rate. A lot of the choices are multiplayer-focused, asking about online/offline co-op modes, teamplay modes, or characters with different skill-sets. Some are story focused, such as whether to follow a new assassin or stick with Ezio, or to tie in events from other titles, like the recent Facebook game. Then there are mechanical questions on ideas such as eagle vision, upgrades, and crafting. Nothing’s certain, but it shows what ideas the team is throwing around.
Below is the complete set of questions from the survey.
Would you like to see ____ in the sequel to the ASSASSIN”S CREED: BROTHERHOOD?
1) An upgrade to the assassin’s blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.
3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world
4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)
5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district
6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
7) A continuation of Ezio’s story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy
8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin’s Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)
9) Online Cooperative Mode
10) Offline Cooperative Mode
11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer
12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets
13) Playing new Multiplayer modes
14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)
15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)