Starting today and lasting through December 20, Valve is putting on The Great Steam Treasure Hunt for their popular games-on-demand service. Every 48 hours, four tasks will be announced that you can complete in order to win free games from the Steam store. Tasks include earning Achievements in select games, joining Community groups, and getting your name on atop the Steam Leaderboards. Also during the Hunt, games related to the objectives will be on sale because hey, it’s the season for giving.
Each task you complete enters you in a drawing to win the top 5 games on your Wishlist. Each objective equals one entry, so its encouraged to complete as many tasks as possible. At the end of The Great Steam Treasure Hunt, there will be three overall Grand Prize winners, each of whom win 100 individual Steam games of their choosing. Yes, 100.
The first objectives are:
– Self Portrait: Setup an avatar on your Steam Community profile.
– Got Tanked?: Earn the Desert Fox Steam Achievement in R.U.S.E.
– Up the Ante: Win The Iron Curtain in Poker Night at the Inventory
– More Cowbell: Set a leaderbord score of at least 1,124,400 in easy mode for the ‘Paul Hartnoll’ level in Chime
The promotions over the next 48 hours are:
– 33% off R.U.S.E.
– 40% off Poker Night at the Inventory
– 75% off Chime
To follow The Great Steam Treasure Hunt, head to http://store.steampowered.com/treasurehunt