If you were thinking that the Xbox 360 was running out of steam then think again; December’s NPD numbers reveal Microsoft’s console made the most money last year. How much money? $6.2 billion.
It’s not been the best of years the the game industry as a whole though; total game sales were down 9% to 5.06 billion and hardware was down 16% to $1.84 billion. Still a lot of money, sure, but will things pick up in 2011? However, thanks to Move and Kinect accessory sales are up to $853 million.
Also included are the month’s top 10 selling titles. Catch those below.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – 360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC – Activision Blizzard
- Just Dance 2 – Wii – Ubisoft
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm – PC – Activision Blizzard
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood – 360, PS3 – Ubisoft
- Donkey Kong Country Returns – Wii – Nintendo
- Disney Epic Mickey – Wii – Disney Interactive Studios
- Madden NFL 11 – 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP – Electronic Arts
- Michael Jackson The Experience – Wii, NDS, PSP – Ubisoft
- NBA 2K11 – 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC – Take Two Interactive
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit – 360, PS3, Wii, PC – Electronic Arts