January was another ho-hum month for our beloved industry; revenue is down a total of five percent in the US over the same month in 2010. Total revenue came to $1.16 billion.
So how are your favorite games tracking? Call of Duty: Black Ops came in at the top spot of sales for a third month running, with Ubisoft’s Just Dance 2 in second. Newcomers Dead Space 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 took the third and fourth spots respectively. DC Universe Online managed to just scrape in at 10. It’s nice to see these new titles positioning fairly well. Check out the full top 10 below.
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard) – Xbox 360, PS3, Wi, DS, PC
2. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft) – Wii
3. Dead Space 2 (Electronic Arts) – Xbox 360, PS3, PC
4. Little Big Planet 2 (Sony) – PS3
5. Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (Majesco) – Wii, Xbox 360, PS3
6. NBA 2K11 (Take-Two Interactive) – Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Wii, PS2, PC
7. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft) – Xbox 360, PS3
8. Dance Central (MTV Games) – Xbox 360
9. Michael Jackson The Experience (Ubisoft) – Wii, DS, PSP
10. DC Universe Online: The Next Legend Is You (Sony) – PS3, PC