Good news for military sim enthusiasts; ARMA 3 is coming.
Czech-based developer Bohemia Interactive made the announcement a few moments ago, promising “radical engine improvements” — on display on the first batch of in-game screenshots here — “a unique sandbox-style military gameplay experience,” a Mediterranean island setting, as well as a mission editor.
The studio let loose other details as well; find those below in their original easy-to-consume form:
- Single-Player Campaign – Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
- Vehicles & Weapons – Control a multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with accurate simulation; shoot anything from pistols to sophisticated weapon platforms.
- Physical Simulation & Improved Animations – Take advantage of PhysX supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
- Rich & Authentic Environment – Explore an unsurpassed military combat experience set on an authentic Mediterranean island modelled from real geographic data.
- Multiplayer Gameplay – Experience both cooperative & competitive scenarios with the full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
- Completely Extensible & Moddable – Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
- Customizable Soldier Load – Choose your uniform; assemble your weapon kit; change your load-out; get loaded up.
The shooter is targeting a ‘summer 2012’ release window and, as expected, is in development for PC only.