CD Projekt has detailed its imminent 1.1 patch for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
A dozen features are detailed below, though know that more are included that’ll be detailed as the patch launches, which is expected to happen later today.
Work on a second patch has already begun as well. Expect that one sometime next week.
1. Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation. Details to be revealed soon.
2. Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included n the patch so there’s no need to download and install it separately.
3. Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.
4. Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements.
5. Fixed random crashes occurring on some systems, especially after saving and loading saves.
6. Key mapping – allows the arrow and number keys to be used for movement.
7. Added the option to invert the mouse.
8. nVidia surround vision now works properly.
9. More accurate assessment provided by the “auto-detect settings” option will help improve game performance.
10. Removed a bug that prevented completion of the “Blood Curse” quest.
11. Fixed a bug that prevented the additional link in “Extras” from being unlocked after winning the dice game against the GOG.com monk.
12. GOG.com credits now work properly.