THQ has come out and said that an update for Red Dawn’esque shooter Homefront is now available for the Xbox 360.
The update will give you a free multiplayer Ability Pack, containing:
- Ice Cold: Invisible on thermal views and airstrike sensors.
- Situational Awareness: Enemy gamertag appears when shot.
- EMP Tactician: Deal more damage vs. EMP’d vehicles.
- Short Fuse: Reduced cook times on frag grenades.
- Bomb Suit: Take less damage from explosives.
Besides this, the update will fix some issues with the game, namely improvements to:
- Assist points for vehicle kills
- Rank resets
- Game returns to MP menu instead of main menu after leaving a match
- Max ping limits for server connections (prevent connections to distant servers)
- Game freeze and hitching
- Joining friends feature
- Beacon errors
- Party connectivity
- Various other fixes
The company also announces the impeding arrival of the first official DLC pack for the game, which will be a set of multiplayer maps. Entitled The Fire Sale Pack and featuring two new maps, it will see release on Xbox Live first, on June 7th. On the same day the 870 Express shotgun and a premium theme will be available for download free of charge.
THQ and developer KAOS promise that this is only the first taste of the “robust updates” it has planned for the game. When all of the above will see release on other platforms, we’ll have to wait and see.