The House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut, the upcoming PS3-only edition of Wii’s on-rails “f*ck” fest, has received a little asset and info burst from Sega; the gallery here hosts several pieces of art and in-game shots from the HD release, while below you’ll see a list of what’s new to the PS3 version, new levels, weapons, and of course stereoscopic 3D support among others.
– PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter compatible
– OVERKILL fully remastered – available in high definition, with stereoscopic 3D for the first time ever
– Extended with 2 additional levels not featured in the original game
– Exclusive crossbow weapon
– New baby mutant type
– New Hardcore Mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
– New Classic Mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
– Exclusive Missing Reel – an extended boss fight with “Mother” in “OVERKILL”, the game’s final level
– Online leaderboards to track high scores and player statistics
– Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
– New PlayStation Trophies to unlock
– Improved boss fights in all levels
– New and improved cutscenes using motion capture
– And more still to come!
The game’s out this October.