The on-disc version of Techland’s open-world zombie-slayer Dead Island holds quite the number of bugs and problems, it would seem. Good thing then that the developer has readied a day one patch.
Fixes range from character animations and enemy reactions to biggies like ensuring more game stability.
Have a look at the whole, lengthy list below.
Tha game’s out today in North America and this Friday in Europe.
– Fixed map synchronization when player joins during map load.
– Fixed saving player re-spawn position when playing in co-op mode.
– Fixed occasional inability to complete sidequests in Laboratory.
– Improved enemy awareness (zombies).
– Fixed occasional bug with NPC’s hands bend (IK)
– Fixed spawning enemies in some quests after joining co-op game.
– Fixed showing locations on invisible NPCs.
– Fixed potential path blocker when quest “Knockin’ on heaven’s door” was completed before talking to Dominik during the “On the air” quest.
– Fixed displaying gather rings near some doors.
– Fixed enemy reaction to fire.
– Fixed enemies’ health and stamina bars in co-op.
– Fixed filtering of games in lobby.
– Volume of pickup’s engine has been increased.
– Fixed a number of issues causing game instability.
– Fixed the switching of maps upon player death.
– Fixed enemies unable to reach the player on some arenas.
– Thrown items cannot be picked up by co-op players for five minutes.
– Items from freshly opened containers cannot be picked up by other players for five seconds to prevent theft.
– Fixed animation glitch when trading with team members.
– More than one player can use a ladder at the same time.
– Fixed stomping execution animation when target’s attacked by a second player.
– Fixed the infinite respawning of shooting enemies.
– Fixed not hiding menu if players die inside a vehicle.
– Fixed item level calculation when playing New Game Plus.
– Added information about players requesting pause in co-op.
– Fixed A.I. animation glitch after fast-traveling or using a map portal.
– Added distinction between quest checkpoints and other types of saves.
– Fixed bug causing all inventory to disappear.
– Fixed reloading and kicking. After the clip goes in, the reload is a success.
– Purna can gain bonus rage from both “Grim Inspiration” and “Inspiring Kick”.
– Only “Walker” type enemies increase the extra XP of the “Combo” skill from Xian’s Survival skill tree.
– Health regeneration is disabled during grabs.
– Focus on items in shops not changing after selling or buying.
– More HP for NPCs in escort missions.
– Butcher enemies won’t spawn at all during escort missions (hooray!)
– Fixed tracking after loading checkpoint.
– Increased minimum vertical distance to count a waypoint as passed for NPCs (they no longer wander back-and-forth).