If you’ve been playing the Battlefield 3 beta, you’ve no doubt noticed that the game has some issues still. Quite a few even.
From aiming woes and frame rate hiccups to problems with the HUD and squads of friends not sticking together, DICE has their work cut out for them in these few remaining weeks before the game launches.
To that end, the studio’s updated the official Battlefield blog, letting players know of planned changes to the final, retail game. Considering the number of problems people have faced, the list (below) is a modest one, though it is also merely the first.
Anything you’ve encountered in there?
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”.