We’re just a few days away from heading into the war zone with Battlefield 3. Review scores will likely be with us in an even shorter length of time, though there’s been a few questions marks over EA Norway’s approach to those reviews.
It’s been revealed that the company sent a survey their way concerning who was reviewing the upcoming shooter. Reading down the list of questions may well raise an eyebrow, so take a look:
- Did the reviewer personally review BFBC2 or Black Ops?
- What score did he give it?
- What is his past experience with Battlefield?
- Is he a fan of Battlefield?
- Is he a fan of Call of Duty?
- Has he been playing BF Franchise? BFBC2? 1943? BF2?
- Has he expressed enthusiasm or concern for BF3? What are they?
- Did he play the beta? Did he enjoy it / get frustrated with it?
- What is his present view on the game?
Since sending the survey EA Norway marketing manager Oliver Sveen has released a statement which reads: “It is a human error that was sent out. We have made a mistake and we apologize. It is not something that should have happened earlier or [that] we intend to continue.”
Yikes, a pretty big error on EA’s part. Will this affect how people view incoming reviews?