Xbox 360 and Battlefield 3 were the big NA sales winners in October, according to the latest NPD data.
The Microsoft console was well ahead of the competition, selling 393,000 units in the month, up almost 21 percent year-over-year. Taking second place was the 3DS which sold over 250,000 systems. Other Nintendo hardware, the Wii and DS, sold almost 250,000 and 180,000, respectively.
Sony hasn’t revealed its numbers, though NPD has confirmed the 3DS was second for the month, putting the PS3’s number below 250,000.
As for software, Battlefield 3 is at the top with sales just shy of two million copies, with Batman: Arkham City at number two with 1.5 million. Rage sold 550,000 copies. Grab the software top 10 below.
1. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)**
2. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3)**
3. NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, PSP, Wii, PS2, PC)
4. Rage (360, PS3, PC)
5. Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360)
6. Dark Souls (PS3, 360)**
7. Madden NFL 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP)**
8. Forza Motorsport 4 (360)**
9. Gears of War 3 (360)**
10. FIFA Soccer 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, 3DS)
**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)