It’s that time of the month; the NPD data’s in, showing us what was hot in the US in the month of November.
On the software front, Modern Warfare 3 taking top honors shouldn’t surprise, as shouldn’t Skyrim‘s second place finish, given the amount of coverage the RPG has seen.
Battlefield 3 continued to perform well, too, taking #3 behind the newcomers, while Drake’s latest, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword take #7 and #9, respectively.
Catch the software top 10 below:
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC)**
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360, PS3, PC)**
3. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)**
4. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (360, PS3, PC)
5. Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360)
6. Madden NFL 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2)**
7. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3)**
8. Saints Row: The Third (360, PS3, PC)**
9. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)**
10. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)**
**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)
As for hardware, Xbox 360 has the lead yet again, and a massive one at that. Despite having a strong Black Friday as well (70% YOY increase), PS3’s second place finish of 900,000 units doesn’t even come close to the 1.7 million 360s Microsoft pushed.
The various Nintendo systems make up the rest. All that below:
Xbox 360: 1.7M
PlayStation 3: 900,000