Upcoming demos of Mass Effect 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning are to dish out some extra goods, EA’s announced. In a cross promotional effort, those who play the Reckoning demo — due out next week — will unlock the Reckoner Knight Armor for Mass Effect 3, while those who actually finish it will also get The Chakram Launcher.
On the other hand, those who get Mass Effect 3‘s demo will unlock Shepard’s famous N7 armor for Reckoning, and upon finishing a set of Omniblade Daggers.
The Reckoning demo will unlock some additional, non-Mass Effect inspired goods as well: Twist of Fate Card, Twist of Fate Card and Twist of Fate Card. All the unlockables are detailed below:
Mass Effect 3 extras:
- Reckoner Knight Armor: This armor will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed—up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity.
- The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning extras:
- N7 Armor: Players can unlock special armor inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armor including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves.
- Onmiblade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat.
- Twist of Fate Card: This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account.
- Twinned Souls Chakram: A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning.
- The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players’ fire damage throughout Amalur.