In advance of its first Dust 514 Beta Event that starts this Thursday, CCP has announced a booster pack of sorts called the Mercenary Pack that players can buy for $19.99 at the PSN Store.
The Pack is filled with weapons, armor, Aurum (in-game currency) and a Skill Booster that will enhance players’ abilities on the field of battle. Perhaps most importantly, buying the Mercenary Pack will guarantee players access to every Dust 514 Beta Event.
Players who want to get a shot at beta testing without purchasing the Mercenary Pack can go to www.dust514.com/beta and hope they can chosen at random. The Pack is available at www.dust514/mercpack.
CCP is calling the Mercenary Pack a $50 value. Basically it’s $20 worth of Aurum plus $30 worth of weapons, armor and equipment. Here’s the complete list from the press release:
- 4,000 Aurum (€17.99 / £13.99 value) – the in-game currency for DUST 514 that you can buy in the PS Store
- 30-Day Active Skill Booster – increases earned Skill Points (SP) by 50%
- ‘Dragonfly’ Scout Dropsuit – a uniquely designed armor with unlimited use
- ‘Toxin’ ICD-9 Submachine Gun with unlimited use and a custom skin
- HK4M Shotgun x 50
- Hacked Drop Uplink x 50 – allows players to create on-the-spot spawn points for their teammates
- Fused Locus Grenade x 50
- 1.5dn Myofibril Stimulant x 50 – offers players a temporary melee damage boost against opponents
- All Access Beta Pass – allows players to participate in every Beta Event, as well as additional play sessions during off weekends