Update: BioWare’s made the official announcement, along with a lot of screens here. Here’s the official skinny on what to expect:
- Three New Maps – With the fate of the galaxy at stake, Earth’s military efforts have concentrated on three strategic locations. Defend Firebase Rio, home to the N7 training facility, along with Firebase Vancouver and Firebase London in the last stand for mankind.
- New Array of Playable N7 Characters – Step into the boots of the Alliance’s most elite military unit with the N7 Demolisher Engineer, N7 Destroyer Soldier, N7 Fury Adept, N7 Sentinel Paladin, N7 Shadow Infiltrator and N7 Slayer Vanguard.
- New Powerful and Unique Weapons – Lay waste to the enemy by unlocking the N7 Piranha Shotgun, N7 Typhoon Assault Rifle and Acolyte Pistol.
- New Powerful Upgrades – Outfit your weapons with 12 new modifications and fortify your gear with 11 unique upgrades to defeat even the toughest foes.
- New “Platinum” Difficulty – Conquer bronze in your sleep? Take down Silver with one hand? Beat Gold without breaking a sweat? Then grab your friends and test your skills on the brand-new Platinum difficulty.
New In-Mission Objective – Randomly occurring during waves 3, 6 and 10, this new objective will challenge teams to keep a targeted agent alive by protecting and escorting them to a designated extraction zone on each map.
Original story: A whole heap of details about next Tuesday’s multiplayer content for Mass Effect 3 has slipped out. The “Earth” pack, available for free by the way, is said to offer five new N7 classes, three weapons and a new Platinum mode. That’s next to the previously rumored three new maps then.
BioWare is yet to confirm any of this, so it’s all rumor for now — although a convincing one, given the images that came with it — but here we go:
(Adept) N7 Fury: Throw, Annihilation Field, Dark Channel
(Soldier) N7 Destroyer: Multi-Frag Grenade, Missile Launcher, Devastator Mode, T5-V battlesuit?
(Engineer) N7 Demolisher: Homing Grenade, Arc Grenade, Supply Pylon
(Sentinel) N7 Paladin: Snap Freeze, Incinerate, Energy Drain
(Infiltrator) N7 Shadow: Tactical Cloak, Shadow Strike, Electric Slash
(Vanguard) N7 Slayer: Phase Disruptor, Biotic Charge, Biotic Slash, has a guddam sword *is Kai Leng I’m assuming*
Fury: “Fury operatives use implants to fuel biotics and their incredible
movement speed. These operatives wind an unpredictable path on the
battlefield, moving in and out of combat before returning to unleash a
sweeping biotic attack on their unsuspecting targets.”
Destroyer: “The Destroyer’s T5-V Battlesuit gives these strong-but-slow
soldiers mech-like protection. Driven by eezo-assisted actuators, these
frontline troopers carry heavy weapons onto the battlefield.”
Demolisher: “The Demolisher uses grenades to attack at range and to
terrorize the battlefield. Demolishers can also create a supply pylon
that stocks allies with an unending reserve of grenades and thermal
Paladin: “The Paladin carries a powerful omni-shield onto the
battlefield to block enemy fire. The Paladin also uses the shield as a
heavy-melee weapon that, when modified with incindiery or cryo upgrades,
creates a devastating combination attack.”
Shadow: “Shadow infiltrators use implants to dramatically improve
agility, making them slippery combatants on the battlefield. Their
monomolecular blades are a menace from cover and close range.”
Slayer: “Slayers use implants to dramatically improve mobility. Their
dizzying sword attacks can hit multiple opponents, and the Slayer’s
ability to slip fire makes them hard to pin down on the battielfield.”