Valve announced yesterday that the first group of titles submitted through Steam Greenlight will be released independently worldwide in the months ahead. Greenlight is a new feature that was released on August 30th and engages with the community by allowing them to choose some of the new games that will be released on Steam. It also allows developers and publishers to post info and media about their new game to convince community members to rally around their game.
Anna Sweet of Valve had this to say about the upcoming titles: “The Steam community rallied around these titles and made them the clear choice for the first set of titles to launch out of Greenlight… Since launch, hundreds of titles have been submitted, with more coming every day. We expect to be announcing more titles to Steam via Greenlight soon.”
The first 10 titles coming to Steam from Greenlight are:
· Black Mesa will be released for free on September 14th and offers players the chance to, as the developers put it, play ‘Half Life‘ the way we think it was meant to be played.’
· Cry of Fear places players in an intense first person survival horror experience.
· Dream is an atmospheric first person game that tasks players with exploring the dreams of the game’s protagonist Howard Philips.
· Heroes & Generals will be a free to play massive online game, set in WWII, giving players the choice to either fight on the ground as soldiers in an FPS team based shooter. Or players can choose to play as the generals and will be involved in the strategic aspect of the game.
· Kenshi offers players a squad based RPG with the focus on an open world rather than a linear narrative.
· McPixel challenges players to stop something from blowing up in just 20 seconds in an old school point and click game.
· No More Room in Hell is a first person,co-operative zombie survival game that goes for an ultra realistic approach.
· Project Zomboid places players in a ‘sandbox zombie survival game’ in which their only goal is to stay alive for as long as possible.
· Routine is a first person survival horror game set on a fully explorable moon base and players must try to stay alive in order to find out why the base is deserted.
· Towns is an imaginative combination of a citybuilding sim with RPG elements in which players construct a town to cater to the heroes who come to explore the dungeon that is placed underneath it.
For more information go to steamcommunity.com/greenlit