Ubisoft announced the release of a new patch for Far Cry 3, introducing a number of new features requested by players on both single player and multiplayer modes. The patch is now live for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC users.
The following is a list of changes made to the single player and multiplayer modes.
- Outposts reset: after the end of the game, players can choose to reset the liberated outposts to face the challenge to take them over again
- A new difficulty setting: Players who have completed the campaign can restart the adventure on MASTER difficulty, with more challenging enemies and dangerous wildlife
- Map Beta Test: Map makers can now start a beta test to monitor how their map is being played using the new spectate feature and regular players are enabled to provide better feedback to help map makers improve their projects.
- Maps by author: Players will be able to show all the maps created by an author
- Idle kick: The feature that kicks out idle players during a MP match is removed from custom and private matches
- The Skip map voting system has been improved with more visibility and time to cast the vote
- A new mini-game called The Grid has been added to the Outpost website and smartphone apps.