ArenaNet has revealed the latest content update, Bazaar of the Four Winds, that will be going live on July 9th for Guild Wars 2. The arrival of the Bazaar of the Four Winds update has merchants from across Tyria gathering to sell their stock. However, this gathering will be extra special, as this year, the flying Zephyr Sanctum has landed, bringing magical crystals and incredible movement skills to traders and adventurers. This means that players will get a chance to experience movement in a whole new way. In addition, there will be a ton of new events, rewards and features, such as:
- Belcher’s Bluff Mini-game: Players can challenge their friends in this new permanent mini-game.
- Sanctum Sprint Race: Navigate a dizzying obstacle course in this competitive race. Compete and try to earn one of three special back items representing the aspects of wind, sun and lightning.
- Lessons from the Sky Scavenger Hunt: Players will need to show their master of wind, sun and lightning as they search for Sky Crystals and explore hard-to-reach places in the Labyrinthine Cliffs.
- Personal Quartz Node: Players completing the update will be able to harvest quartz in their home instances, allowing them to craft new recipes.
- Zephyr Sanctum Model: Players who complete the Lessons from the Sky achievement will be awarded a miniature model of the Zephyr Sanctum, so they maybe view the ship at any time, even after it has flown away.
- Account Achievement Reward System: Starting with this release players can unlock new armor skins, weapon skins, and permanent account bonuses as they earn achievement points. They can also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as achievement scores grow.
- New PvP Map – Skyhammer: Players can battle for control of three capture points in the new Skyhammer map.
In addition to all of this, ArenaNet has announced that it will from now on maintain a 14-day update rate, proving its intense devotion to the player’s experience and to the world of Tyria.