As most of you know by now…
Okay chill out people. Yes, GTA Online is off to a rough start, but after all this is Rockstar Games, in a new generation of gaming and there are bound to be issues.
GTA V’s website posted this as of four hours ago. “Hi everyone, the GTA V Title Update to enable Grand Theft Auto Online access has been rolling out this morning on PSN and Xbox LIVE across territories worldwide. As mentioned last week, you should expect that there will be some technical teething issues in the early days of a new online experience especially one as massive as GTA Online – you can stay apprised at the Rockstar Support site here http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates- Thank you all for your patience, understanding and support!”
Below is a current list of problems most GTA V Online users are facing and that Rockstar Games are aware of:
– Occasional “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
– Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
– Intermittent “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
– Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
– Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
– Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
– General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
Food for thought, even though I have all the faith in the world in Rockstar Games that GTA Online is going to be one of the best online games in modern history, does it seem like accountability is gone for developers? Back in the day before online patching, developers had to make the game as glitch free as possible or the game was criticized. Now that we have random patches and fixes it seems that developers slap games together to fix whatever is broken later.
Finally, while you are waiting I highly recommend listening to ‘West Coast Talk Radio’ in GTA V Single Player and wait for ‘Chakra Attack’ with J Smoove. One of the funniest radio shows in GTA history.