Vault hunters, celebrate! 2K and Gearbox Software are continuing to give players a reason to revisit the world of Borderlands 2 with the announcement of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt sweepstakes. As a celebration for the release of the Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition on October 8, 2K is giving away $100,000 in cash and a slew of other great prizes to give back to the massive Borderlands fan base.
Besides the cash prize, other prizes include:
- PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment systems with copies of Borderlands 2 Vita once released;
- Customized Borderlands 2 XP SEVEN headsets from Turtle Beach;
- NVIDIA® ShieldTM PC Streaming set-up with a custom painted Tiki PC by Falcon Northwest;
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 Ti GFX cards;
- Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Strategy Guides by BradyGames;
- Lifetime supplies of all 2K titles on Steam – past, present, and future.
Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software, states, “Claptrap serves as the master of ceremonies for this grand Loot Hunt, but each week a new friendly face from Borderlands 2 will dish out daily targets that loot hunters can take down to enter themselves into the sweepstakes.” Loot hunters can enter the sweepstakes by taking down the daily targets once a day for a total of 28 entries.
In addition to weekly sponsored prizes, one lucky loot hunter will win a grand prize of $50,000, and four others will win varying amounts of cash totaling another $50,000. Only U.S. players are eligible for cash prizes and sponsored prizes (sorry, world), but all players worldwide can participate in the Loot Hunt, and the exclusive community goals granting access to unique in-game loot. Alternatively, U.S. residents may enter the sweepstakes by mailing a postcard to 2K, Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Sweepstakes, 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato, CA 94949.
The Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt sweepstakes begins on October 11 at 10:00 a.m. EST and ends on November 7 at 5:00 a.m. EST, so be sure to hop back into the world of Pandora for a chance to win.