Bored? Wanna start a riot?
If you’ve been rearing to spring an escape from prison, Kickstarter may just have the game for you.
ChrisD and Mouldy Toof Studios, the creators of Spud’s Quest, a Metroidvania adventure game that was successfully funded last year, has begun work on his new game, The Escapists. Drawing inspiration from The Shawshank Redemption, The Great Escape, and Escape from Alcatraz, this new game comes with a variety of features to help you bust out of your virtual jail cell. Some early ideas are:
- Schedules: To escape you’ll have to work around the strict prison schedule as best you can to avoid any unwanted attention from the guards.
- Crafting: Weapons and tools can be crafted together using everyday things you find or steal around the prison. Just beware of cell shakedowns.
- Reputation: The way you interact with fellow cons and guards affect how they treat you. Those on your side could help you out in a fight, overlook if they catch you doing anything unusual, or give you access to certain favors/jobs, and assistance.
- Digging: Get hold of a shovel and you can start working on an escape tunnel. Of course you’ll need some lights and timber supports below ground if you plan to survive. Just make sure you make it back for the guard patrols- and that the hole is hidden!
- Skills: Train your agility and strength in the gym, or spend your free periods in the library boosting your intellect. All such skills play a part in your escape as well as your survival inside the prison.
- Combat: When it comes to crunch time, you might have to engage other inmates or guards in combat. If one of them finds your escape tunnel you will probably have to overpower, bind, and stash them in the hole you’ve been digging below your cell. If it’s a guard, taking his uniform might come in handy.
- Gangs & Friends: Be careful who you pick fights with- some of the inmates might start plotting against you with their gang-mates and friends.
The game is set to finish its initial Kickstarter run in 34 days, so if you feel like contributing, rush over to the site quickly.