The ultimate sports tournament since nothing else.
Best Buy is hosting the largest Madden 25 tournament of the year, stretching out across nine cities. The tournament will start December 2nd in New York and San Francisco, then to Boston and Los Angeles December 4th, Detroit and Chicago December 10th and Minneapolis and Atlanta December 12th.
The tournament will culminate in Dallas at AT&T Stadium December 16th, where the finalist of the tournament will compete on the largest HD display in the world. The Madden tournament also will host special guest NFL football players in the cities they play such as Brandon Jacobs (Giants), Mario Manningham (49ers) and Dez Bryant (Cowboys).
Specifics on the tournament:
- Registration for store tournament events will be on a first-come first-served basis, and stores will only accept registrations in person on the day of each event. Events will feature 64 people in single player elimination, bracket-style format.
- No purchase or entry fee is required.
- Contestants must be 18 or older (except Alabama and Nebraska residents who must be 19 or older).
- The winner in each market will receive a $1,000 Best Buy gift card and a trip for two (2) to Dallas to compete in the finals, and the runner-up will receive a $500 Best Buy gift card.
- During the store events, customers can stop by to cheer on their friends, witness play-by-play commentary by professional shout casters, meet pro gamers and enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards and additional prizes, including the hottest games and newest consoles.
- The Dec. 16 finals at the world famous AT&T stadium will feature special guest appearances to be announced. The contestant who wins the finals competition will receive a $1,500 Best Buy gift card.
- For more information on the Best Buy ULTIMATE GAMERS SHOWDOWN competition, please check www.bby.com in the coming weeks and/or follow #GamersShowdown on Twitter
On a final note Best Buy will be using PS4 exclusively the entire tournament. Should be interesting to see if this boosts Sony’s sales.