Some unfortunate news for those of you who have been waiting for a more fully fleshed out version of DayZ. In a recent blog post, Dean “Rocket” Hall stated that “that we do not expect to reach Beta status sooner than the end of 2014”.
Hall went on to reveal some of the team’s priorities looking into the near future, with the primary ones being:
- Server performance, stability and security
- Animals & hunting
- Cooking & gathering resources
- Playable user customizable vehicles
- Player created constructions in the environment
- More complex interactions with the environment and crafting options
- Streamlined user actions and interface
- Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity
- Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.)
- Support of user mods and more flexibility for user hosted servers and game types
The Alpha version of DayZ is available for $29.99 through Steam.
Liked this article? Support the author!
The revenues from the ads below all go directly to this author.