Square Enix recently announced a ton of information regarding the long awaited Drakengard 3. To begin they released that the title will be hitting stores in North America on May 20th for $49.99. Well, that’s one part down, three more announcements to go. They are also currently offering pre-order incentives that are only available through limited-time, three tier pre-order windows.
- Tier One: players who place their pre-order from today through March 3rd will receive a special Japanese voiceover DLC and automatically unlock the two yet-to-be-announced bonuses.
- Tier Two: from March 4th until April 8th, pre-ordering the game will unlock the two remaining unannounced bonuses.
- Tier Three: From April 9th until launch, players will only get the final unannounced locked bonus.
Then there is the availability of the Collector’s Edition which is limited to 5,000 copies, can only be purchased through Square Enix’s online store for $79.99, and includes:
- All three tier pre-order incentives mentioned above
- The Complete Novella
- Official Soundtrack CD Sampler
- Prequel Stage DLC – Play as Zero’s sister, One, in this additional level
- Caim Costume DLC – Once equipped, stamina consumption decreases by half when using a skill
- Giant Baby Hat DLC – For your dragon companion
- Drakengard 3 Collectible Poster
Finally, they released the first English footage from the game’s opening movie. So enjoy the video below, and I suggest checking out PlayStation’s Blog to ensure you know what you are getting yourself into with the pre-ordering. Sakura Minamida, Senior Product Manager, did comment below her news post that “The 3 pre-orders bonuses are only available with the pre-order of the Collector’s Edition and the Packaged Standard Edition,” which seems to go against the idea that getting the Collector’s Edition alone will give players all three tier pre-order incentives. So I recommend asking about it to make sure.
image credit: “blog.us.playstation.com”